While starting a Whole30 is daunting, I have to remember that I’ve been cooking more or less this way (definitely less lately – thank you holidays) for the last 8 months. I’m pulling together my favorite gadgets that I pan to utilize to ensure that I don’t burn the kitchen down and wind up with some delicious meals for the next month.
1. Citrus Reamer – (I actually had to look up what this thing is called) This is so handy especially for making dressings and marinades. Plus I get about 2x more juice out of my lemons and limes so it’s economical to boot! Double whammy!
2. Slow Cooker – We recently started getting monthly meat deliveries from a local farm which means we get a surprise mix bag of cuts. Slow cooking is perfect for those tough cuts. Plus, who doesn’t love coming home to a meal that’s ready to go?
3. Mandoline Slicer – I’m kind of cheating in adding this being that I just got it for Christmas. If I can somehow manage to not cut my fingers off (thing has about a dozen warning labels), I plan on making sweet potato fries like they’re going out of style. My addiction.
4. Cast Iron Pan – I’ve slowly grown quite attached to this pan. We started scrubbing ours with salt which has given it a really nice season that adds flavor when browning meat.
5. Spices – Speaking of flavor…while I truly think that veggies shine with minimal ingredients (olive oil, salt and pepper are **magical**), sometimes it’s nice to mix it up with spices. Here’s my packed and highly unorganized spice cabinet that I plan to rummage through on the daily.
6. Cookbooks – My inspiration in the kitchen doesn’t last long until I turn to hard boiled eggs and nuts for every meal. To help me I’ll turn to a couple of my favorite cookbooks.
7. Blogs! – I love blogs. Can’t get enough. Here are some that I’ll be checking in on. Some are following a Whole 30 and some aren’t. Some are new to me and some aren’t.
8. Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping Notepads – I love lists and I love checking boxes. I know that planning is going to be essential for a successful Whole30 and these are awesome for getting my mind organized.
And that’s it. These are all super simple but all things that I will need to make it though. I’m actually a little excited to get going on this. Woooo!